|Sydney||Tuesday 24 May 2011, Dockside, The Balcony Level, Cockle Bay Wharf, Sydney|
|Melbourne||Thursday, 26 May 2011, Laureate Room, Etihad Stadium|
Attendee cost is $495 (inc GST).
The use of borrowing within Self-Managed Super Funds has doubled over the last couple of years and is expected to grow further, with more than 75,000 trustees intending to use geared products such as property, shares, warrants and managed funds.
For the SMSF professional, it is critically important to understand the many elements that make up a SMSF Limited Recourse Borrowing Arrangement to acquire property. Whether it is advice, legal, lending or audit, the role of the key adviser to entrust confidence with the trustees to ensure that the investment strategy is sound and the key legislative requirements are correct.
The SMSF Limited Recourse Borrowing Day brings together expertise across the accounting, advisory, auditing, legal and lending professions to bring the most complete and hands-on day for professionals to deal with borrowing in super. The day will focus on the many practical issues encountered when setting up and maintaining a SMSF Limited Recourse Borrowing Arrangement, along with providing guidance and tools on many of these strategies.
The program has been designed to provide a practical overlay to the technical issues effecting limited recourse borrowing. Topics for the day include:
- Key strategies using SMSF limited recourse borrowing arrangements
- Understanding the benefits of borrowing within an SMSF
- Understanding the lender’s perspective – what the banks want!!
- Limited Recourse Borrowings as financial products
- Thinking like an auditor – what the auditor looks for and requires
- Current and emerging tax issues; and
- A panel discussion to ask the tough questions!!
Further details of the day are available within the Event Program
We are fortunate to have secured a fantastic line-up of SMSF specialists and presenters from across many of the facets covering limited recourse borrowing arrangements including legal, advice, taxation, lending and auditing.
The current presenters include:
- Aaron Dunn, SMSF Specialist Advisor, The SMSF Academy
- Ian Glenister, Solicitor, Glenister & Co & Co-director of The SMSF Academy
- Brian Bendzulla, Consulting Actuary, NetActuary
- Belinda Aisbett, Auditor, Super Sphere
- Jenny Daborn, Tax Trainer, Practising Tax
- Bob Beard, National Industry Leader, Westpac
The training materials for these events are to be assessed by the SMSF Professionals Association of Australia (SPAA) for continuing professional development points. Further details of the allocated points will be provided soon.
Seats are limited. Register now,