When is an actuarial certificate required for a self-managed super fund? This is one of the most searched topics on my blog. With 88% of all tax deductions claimed within SMSFs relating to exempt current pension income (ECPI), the Australian Taxation Office is casting a very close eye over the growing number of tax deductions made by trustees. Failure to appropriately calculate a fund’s tax exemption can land a fund in trouble and lead to a please explain from the Regulator (and from the auditor).
Join me for this month’s webinar session, where I will be joined by Andy O’Meagher from Act2 Solutions to discuss some of the key issues in claiming an ECPI tax deduction within SMSFs, including how best utilise segregated and unsegregated strategies within a fund. In this one-hour webinar we will be discussing:
- the key requirements of when an actuarial certificate is required
- when an actuarial certificate is not required;
- How you can make the call on whether an actuary certificate is necessary;
- How tax exemption can be maximised in a financial year; and
- Impact of proposed changes to legislation (tax exemption extending beyond death)
Numbers are strictly limited.